SINGLE BED MACHINE KNIT SOCKS
Basic Pattern - I've used this with my bulky machine and for teaching purposes.
Knit - one, Purl - one - Ribbing
1. With a 1 and 1 pusher tool, push into knit position an odd number of stitches (41).
2. On each edge have 2 needles in working position. Pattern thus.
BB A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A BB
3. Knit several rows of scrap yarn using the ravel cord cast on comb to start, now knit another
10 or 12 rows or enough to hang on to.
4. Knit in a ravel cord for one row. (thread in feeder like yarn).
5.Set Tension____ at least 3 tensions below main garment.
6.Thread sock yarn in the yarn feeder.
7.Knit 3 rows.
8. Change tension to____ at least one tension below main garment.
9.Bring empty A needles into work position B.
10.Knit 8 rows.
11. Start with stitch #3 and drop off the needle and let ravel back to the ravel cord.
12.With your latch tool,, pick up the first strand of yarn in the hook, now skip over the second strand,
slip yarn back of the latch and pick up in hook third strand and knit thru.
Pick up every strand and latch up and place back on the needle.
13.Latch every other needle all across except the two stitches on end.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON TENSIONS
If your main garment tension is 6
Your ribbing tension should be 5
Your first three rows should be 3.
AFTER THE RIBBING HAS BEEN COMPLETED
1.Change the tension to________.
2. Knit 21 rows (leg of sock) ending with carriage on the left.
3. Change tension to _____ (going to knit the heel).
4. Set machine to partial knit (short rows).
5. Disengage counter.
6. On right side pull into hold position 1/2 of the needles.
7. Now pull out 1 needle on the outside edge (left).
8. Knit across,
9. Pull out first needle on the inside, (next to the hold stitches.)
10. Knit across.
ll. Continue pulling out one needle inside and outside alternatly until
1/3 of the needles remain in the left center. (7)
12. Now on the opposite side of the carriage push 1 stitch back, just to D
position. Knit across.
13. Alternate pushing in 1 needle on each side till all needles are in.
14.Knit across, with buttons set for stockinette.
15. Change tension to _____ and knit foot 24 rows, ending on the left side.
16. Toe is knitted in same manner as the heel, starting with step #3.
17. Knit one last row with carriage on stockinette. Then knit off on scrap.
18.Weave toe together from the wrong side. Sew side seam from the right side.
Note: Be sure to reverse shaping for the other sock.
Email me at
Christmas Stockings | Circular
Sock Machines | Yarns | Spinning
Wheels | New & Used Equipment | Patterns